Saturday, June 9, 2012

Luxury Craft Materials


I like to find interesting materials that artists and crafters can use in their creations. I recently came across a lovely mink jacket that was badly damaged across the shoulders. I brought it home and have offered mink remnants in my ETSY shop. But what do people make with remnants of mink? I searched through ETSY's handmade offerings. Here's what I found.

A mink teddy bear by Mink Bears

OOAK Artist Teddy Bear Mink Teddy Bear custom made by minkbears



A mink and leather keychain with rhinestones by Jitterbag
Vintage Repurposed Mink Leather Keychain Diva by jitterbag on Etsy



Furry mink and sterling silver earrings by Sara Lagace of Montreal
Furry Pom Pom Sterling Silver and Recycled Mink Fur by SaraLagace





And a fascinating fascinator headband by Rose and Thatch
Mink Fascinator Headband Vintage Rhinestone and by RoseAndThatch



Inspired? What would you make with a remnant of luxurious mink?

Find mink remnants at
40s 50s Mink Remnants from Vintage Fur Jacket by BettyandBabs

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! Thanks so much for featuring my earrings!

    ReplyDelete